The primary goal of the PANGEA Model United Nations Conference is to provide high school and middle school students with a quality academic experience, in a collegiate environment, while keeping the cost to a minimum so that any student can participate, if they desire to do so.
In order to meet this goal, several organizations work together to sponsor the conference.
The Hickory International Council, chaired by Hani Nassar, is an official committee of the City of Hickory, NC. They promote cultural awareness of Catawba County’s diverse population and strive to improve the quality of life in the area.
Lenoir-Rhyne University, a private Lutheran Liberal Arts Institution offering a quality educational experience since 1892.
The membership for the 2016 conference includes MUN faculty from participating secondary schools, leaders from the business world and civic organizations as well as professionals from Scouting / Exploring and Lenoir-Rhyne University.
- Eric Brandon, MUN Sponsor, Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Richard Churn, Scouting/Exploring Professional
- Amy Green, Piedmont Council BSA International Committee Chair
- John Green, International Representative, Piedmont Council BSA
- Charlie McBurney, Lenoir-Rhyne University